The Richland School District recognizes that the pace of change in our world is placing new and more complex demands on students and effective schools. The vision of an effective school for the 21st century includes a mission statement developed from a set of belief statements that are fundamental to providing a quality education.
This district believes:
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Everyone has the potential to learn.
- Effective learning is achieved through cooperation.
- Experiencing and celebrating success promotes self-confidence.
- Education must inspire mutual respect and compassion.
- The community that invests in education will prosper.
- Accountability in education is essential.
- Innovation and creativity are necessary for individual development.
- Processing information is critical to learning.
- Everyone is important.
The Richland School District, striving to be a leader in education, shares the following mission: To produce responsible contributing citizens who can demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in a changing world. We will accomplish this by providing diverse practical educational opportunities, recognizing each person's self-worth, and developing individual talents and interests.